Do you remember your first milonga as a DJ? How did it all begin? Why have you decided to become a tango DJ?
- Music has always been playing in my head, and melodies have started to compile in tandas. We could discuss this with friends for hours. Well, now we do it as well. I don’t quite remember how it happened, but I was invited to play at a milonga in Vilnius. I have very warm memories from that evening. I am grateful to the organisers who trusted me back then.
When do you like to play music more: in the afternoon, evening, night, afterparty? Why?
- I love to play during afternoon milongas more, when people are warm, fresh and cute, when there’s lots of daylight in the windows. But night milongas have their pleasure and solemnity as well. And also after-parties are a great way to play the final accord of the event, the dancers will be leaving with this mood for their homes.
What music do you like besides tango?
- I grew up on the mixture of classical music and rock, have always love it. I enjoy going to opera or ballet, and at the same time I can rock at a concert.
What do you like more - to play music or to dance?
- I love both, they are different kind of pleasure, I don’t even know how to compare them.
What is your favourite flower? :)
- I love seasonal flowers, the ones that are in harmony with the place and time of the year. But most of all I love peonies.
Favourite activities (hobbies) besides tango
- A few years ago sea has come into my life and can’t let go. So every time I have an opportunity to participate in sailings, I do it.
How did you start dancing tango? Have you danced (do you dance) other dances?
- This year is my 10th anniversary in tango, hard to believe in it. I came into tango at the invitation of my colleague and stayed. I love to dance in general. I tried many different dances: from eastern to swing, but tango has a very special place in my heart.
How do you choose music at a milonga?
- I’d love to think that during a milonga I can feel the mood of the dancers and choose the music that will make them feel good and interested, at least. I like to set the mood wave that will let people both cry, laugh and rock.
What song do you associate with Minsk Spring Tango Festival?
- Minsk festival is very sunny and sparkling for me, it is a place of joyful meetings with friends, so my association is as follows and it’s a milonga: