Do you remember your first milonga as a DJ? How did it all begin? Why have you decided to become a tango DJ?
- My 1st DJ gig was in Kiev at an open-air milonga “Rakushka”. I am very grateful to the organisers who invited me to play there - Kostia and Lena Prihodko. And also to Yura Cherenkov for mentoring. Everything started because I like to dive deep in music internals, after that other aims and motivations appeared.
When do you like to play music more: in the afternoon, evening, night, afterparty? Why?
- Most of all I enjoy DJing (as well as dancing) in the afternoon: I like to see sunlight, definitely not because of sleeping.
What music do you like besides tango?
- I love so much stuff: Bob Marley, Bjork, Michael Jackson, Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Prodigy, Kino, etc.
What do you like more - to play music or to dance?
- 50/50. But if I have to choose, then to play.
What is your favourite flower? :)
Favourite activities (hobbies) besides tango
- I like to change people’s traditional light bulbs to LED ))
I like hiking in the mountains. I enjoy European cinematography of the 20th century. Earlier I enjoyed free open source software.
How did you start dancing tango? Have you danced (do you dance) other dances?
- It was interesting for me how one can walk not stepping on lady’s feet ))
How has your musical taste evolve during your tango life/DJ career?
- At first I liked Di Sarli of 40-s, now I like Tanturi, D’Arienzo, Troilo and Demare.
How do you choose music at a milonga?
- Usually my choice is based on my experience: I even can hear what I should play in the next tanda.
Without what songs/orchestras a milonga can’t be a good milonga?
- D’Arienzo, Tanturi, Troilo, Laurenz.
Can you think of a happy/funny story connected with your DJing?
- Once during my set at a school milonga a man came up to me and thanking for good music put 5 Hrivnas (<1eur) on my table, I guess these were my tips :)
What song do you associate with Minsk Spring Tango Festival?
- Juan D'Arienzo - 1944 - Hector Maure - Lilian