Do you remember your first milonga as a DJ? How did it all begin? Why have you decided to become a tango DJ?
- My first gig was in April of 2009 in my home town - Rostov-on-Don. There were few DJs at that time, and sometimes there were just CDs playing at milongas. Back then I used to listen to music I liked before a milonga (to get in the right mood). Then some people asked me: why is it only you who listens to this music? Since then everybody has been listening to it))
When do you like to play music more: in the afternoon, evening, night, afterparty? Why?
- I like to play at different milongas, cause every format is special in its mood. Night milongas never feel like afternoon ones, and vice versa.
What music do you like besides tango?
- Cortinas :)
What do you like more - to play music or to dance?
- Honestly? To dance :)
What is your favourite flower? :)
- Chrysanthemum. Not very springy, I know))
Favourite activities (hobbies) besides tango
- To travel and to sleep.
How did you start dancing tango? Have you danced (do you dance) other dances?
- I started dancing accidentally: tango classes ad was on the 1st row when I googled what interesting was happening in town. Before that I hadn’t danced and don’t dance other dances.
What else have you been doing in tango: organisation of milongas, festivals, teaching…?
- I’ve been doing lots of things in tango. Shoes are my passion, and since 2008 I’ve been delivering tango shoes from Argentina to Rostov. I also taught tango in Rostov from 2009 till 2012. In Vilnius I have organised classes of Slava Ivanov, was a co-organiser of Baltic Tango Festival with Jonathan Saavedra and Clarisa Aragon. Right now I organise Riga Winter Tango Marathon.
How has your musical taste evolve during your tango life/DJ career?
- My musical taste has evolved very strongly. I started with electro tango and didn’t understand why people need this old music at all :))
How do you choose music at a milonga?
- I watch the dancers.
Without what songs/orchestras a milonga can’t be a good milonga?
- It is easier to name orchestras: D’Arienzo, Di Sarli, Troilo, Pugliese.
Can you think of a happy/funny story connected with your DJing?
- Happy stories are when something from your hardware stops working with no reason and with no reason starts working again - right when you need it :)
Where do you dream to go to?
- I would like to go somewhere far far away - to Japan or New Zealand.
What song do you associate with Minsk Spring Tango Festival?
- Minsk is spring and flowers! And of course it is the vals “Violetas” in performace by Maja Petrović & Marko Miljević who came to Minsk in 2012 - my first visit to this wonderful festival.